VENUE COORDINATOR - THE UNIVERSITY OF CHESTER
Job Title: Beth Tweddle Gymnastics Academies Venue Coordinator (The University of Chester)
Reporting to: Beth Tweddle Gymnastics Regional Academies Coordinator
Hours: 37.5 Hours (including weekends and evenings)
Salary: £17,500 - £19,000 per annum depending on qualification and experience
SUMMARY OF ROLE
We are seeking a highly motivated, confident individual, with the ability to inspire and deliver exceptional results to join our team at Beth Tweddle Gymnastics.
You will be responsible for a single venue, ensuring the classes run to the highest quality, but also responsible for driving and supporting the coaching team and the customers at that venue. You will assist the Regional Coordinator with the growth of your venue, ensuring it is always on target with business KPI’s. You will act as a mentor to ensure the coaching team are delivering to a high standard, planning and reporting on their sessions and keeping progress booklets and awards up to date.
To be part of the team you need to be focused and driven to deliver on time without ever compromising the Beth Tweddle Gymnastics experience, a natural leader, who leads by example and someone who always demonstrates good judgement.
Previous experience of delivering and/or coordinating a gymnastics programme is imperative, you should be able to prioritise your workload, have good organisational, planning and communication skills, and experience of partnership working. Knowledge or experience in the Beth Tweddle Gymnastics programme would be an advantage but not required.
- Delivering high quality, safe and fun gymnastics lessons for children within our academies and/or the National Curriculum
- To maintain active communication with all the coaches and manage them within the weekly sessions, standardizing the teaching across all sessions and being a mentor to all coaches who work in the venue
- Support with the recruitment of new coaches including interviews and training/mentoring
- Supporting your line manager with any coach cover
- Administration to include registers, gymnast’s awards and membership distribution, including checking all coaches and gymnasts have the necessary insurance
- Deliver up to 25 hours of core lessons including all lessons within your venue, plus National Curriculum delivery
- Attend appropriate, relevant courses throughout the year in line with the needs of the organisation. Support in the co-ordination of teacher training and induction sessions
- Establish and maintain excellent relationships with our customers and potential customers, handling and escalating complaints where appropriate.
- Dealing with any formal complaints from customers or coaches relating to your venue
- Contact customers with failed, suspended or cancelled direct debits
- Conducting coach reviews and assessments in line with company guidelines
- Act as the main point of contact for your venue for any operational queries or challenges
- Supporting the growth of the programmes including marketing and retention plans
- Ensure in depth risk assessments are conducted and kept up to date for your venue and all classes
- Ensure all concerns of a child safeguarding nature are referred in a timely and appropriate manner, in accordance with company Safeguarding policy.
- Adhere to the Equality and Diversity Policy, Health and Safety procedures, operating procedures, customer service standards and uniform policy at all times.
- Maintain own mandatory qualifications, licensing and CPD/ training requirements.
- UKCC Level 2 coach in gymnastics (Men’s Artistic, Women’s Artistic, General Gymnastics or Sports Acrobatics)
- Full UK driving licence and access to a car
- Full enhanced DBS
- Safeguarding and protecting children
- First Aid
- Knowledge of sport development in the gymnastics field
- Microsoft office including word and excel
- Excellent organisational skills
- Good planning
- Excellent communication skills
- Time management
- Work well with children and parents
- Be confident in managing a team
- Strong leadership skills
- Laptop provided
- Annual Black-Tie Awards Dinner
- Uniform provided
- 22 days paid holiday plus 8 statutory holidays increasing by a day for every year of service
- Career development
- All training provided
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Company Pension Scheme
HOW TO APPLY
- Please email a copy of your CV and a Covering Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org