St Julies High School
St. Julies is an all girls High School for children aged between 11 - 18 years. It provides classes for children aged 4+ and uses both the Beth Tweddle Gym Stars and The Beth Tweddle Total Gymnastics Academies programmes. Children with some or no experience in gymnastics can join the classes at this venue. The gymnasts can train between 1 or 2 hours and have the opportunity to work on vault, beam, benches and floor.
Address: St. Julies Hugh School, Speke Road, Woolton, L25 7TN
- Monday: 5pm-6pm - Bright Stars & Shooting Stars - (Children aged 4-5 should begin in this class) (Children aged 6-7 should be in this class)
- Monday 6.15 - 7.17pm - Bright Stars & Shooting Stars - (Children aged 4-5 should begin in this class) (Children aged 6-7 should be in this class)
- Tuesday: 5pm - 6pm - Bright Stars - (Children aged 4-5 should begin in this class)
- Tuesday: 6.15pm-7.15pm - Shooting Stars class – (Children aged 6-7 should begin in this class)
- Tuesday: 5:15pm - 7:15pm - 'HUB' Academy - (Children aged 8+)
- Wednesday: 5pm - 6pm - Bright Stars - (Children aged 4-5 should begin in this class)
- Wednesday; 6.15pm-7.15pm - Shooting Stars class – (Children aged 6-7 should begin in this class)
- Wednesday: 5:15pm - 7:15pm - 'HUB' Academy - (Children aged 8+)
- Thursday: 5pm - 6pm - Bright Stars - (Children aged 4-5 should begin in this class)
- Thursday: 6:15pm - 7:15 pm - Shooting Stars - (Children aged 6-7 should begin in this class)
Information on the gym
- The St Julie's Academy welcomes boys and girls to their sessions
- Spectators are not permitted in the hall
- On - site school car park
St Julie's has a large number of floor mats and crash mats for us to use, along with both springboard and trampette vaults with a vaulting block available to us as well. It also has benches and middle height beams to work on.
Directions to the gym
From Springwood cemetery, turn right and follow the main road round to the right until you hit a main set of lights. At these lights turn right, follow the road up and the school entrance is on the right opposite the Sunflower centre. The gym is located through the side gate of the front entrance and up the stairs. The gym is located at the end of the corridor.
Tuesday and Thursday Gym Stars: The children will be working through our Gym Stars programmes using badges 6-14 for Bright Stars. We aim for them to achieve one award per 10-12 week term with one skill being marked as achieved each week in their progress booklets.
Tuesday 'HUB' Academy: The children will be working through the British Gymnastics Proficiency Awards and the Advanced Proficiency Awards. Gymnasts will begin at badge 8 pending an assessment from their personal coach within the first few weeks.
Parents can stay for the first session should they wish to do so, however after the first session they will not be permitted to stay as the coaches will require the gymnasts full attention at all times during the session.
Gymnasts should wear a t-shirt and shorts, leggings/tracksuit bottoms or a leotard if they wish to do so. No jewellery is permitted, long hair should be tied back of their face. All earrings must be removed and if this is not possible they need to be taped up. They should always bring a drink to their sessions to keep them hydrated.
They must also bring along their progess booklet as this is where the coaches will record all their progress and mark off what skills have been achieved. If the gymnast loses their progress booklet, a new one must be purchased as a cost of £3.50 so please ensure that they are kept safe.
Courses at St Julies High School
St Julies High School