Failsworth Sports Centre
* Please note we are currently operating all classes in a covid secure environment, due to this we do not allow spectators for any of the classes and are operating at a 1 to 1 ratio at drop off and pick up zones – Please check your emails for additional venue specific information *
The centre is located just off Ashton Road East in Failsworth and about 5 minutes from junction 22 of the M60 making it a very accessible place to do gymnastics!
The venue has excellent facilities and our classes take place in the CAZ (Community Active Zone) on site.
Address: Brierley Ave, Failsworth, Manchester M35 9HA
- Monday: 4pm – 5pm: Bright Stars - (Children aged 4 – 5 should begin in this class)
- Monday: 5.15pm – 6.15pm: Bright Stars - (Children aged 4 – 5 should begin in this class)
- Monday 5.15pm – 6.15pm: Shooting Stars - (Children aged 6 – 7 should begin in this class)
- Monday 6.30pm – 7.30pm: Shooting Stars - (Children aged 6 – 7 should begin in this class)
- Thursday: 4.15pm – 5.15pm: Bright Stars - (Children aged 4 – 5 should begin in this class)
- Thursday: .415pm – 5.15pm: Shooting Stars - (Children aged 6 – 7 should begin in this class)
- Thursday: 5.30pm – 7.30pm: Academy - (Children aged 8+)
To book a space in the Failsworth Sports Centre classes please click here and enter your child’s postcode and age.
Information on the gym:
- Failsworth sports centre welcomes boys and girls to their sessions
- Spectators are not permitted in the room, except for the final session of the term
- Large car park at the venue.
We use the Community Activity Zone in Failsworth Sports Centre, where we have floor mats, landing mats, springboards, trampette, vault, benches and a variety of hand held equipment available
Gym Stars: The children will be working through our Gym Stars programme using our bespoke Beth Tweddle gym stars award system. We aim for them to achieve one award per 10 weeks with their progress being monitored and recorded regularly within their progress booklets.
Beth Tweddle Academy: The children will be working through the Beth Tweddle Academy programme.
Gymnasts are required to wear a t-shirt and shorts/tracksuit bottoms or leggings. No bare midriffs. Long hair needs to be tied up and no jewellery is allowed. All earrings must be removed and if this is not possible, they must be taped up. They must also bring a drink to their class. They will train in their bare feet.
They must also bring along their progress booklet as this is where the coaches will record all progress and mark off what skills have been achieved. If a gymnast loses their progress booklet, a new one will need to be purchased at a cost of £3.50 so please ensure that it is kept safe.
What to do when you arrive:
Please arrive about 5-10 minutes prior to the start of your session. You can come to the hall ten minutes prior to your lesson beginning - once the previous class has departed you will be invited into the gym. This is to ensure the safe arrival and departure of all of our gymnasts.
Courses at Failsworth Sports Centre
Events at Failsworth Sports Centre
Failsworth Sports Centre